Old December 17th 18, 10:20 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel60

Default estimate of the age of the universe

Double-A wrote on 17/12/2018 9:30 AM:
On Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 1:58:14 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier
wrote:
On Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 1:29:24 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 3:24:21 PM UTC-8, Herbert
Glazier wrote:
On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 11:20:27 AM UTC-8, The
Starmaker wrote:
I just realized that how 'they' measure the age of the
universe is done incorrectly.

1) by looking for the oldest star

I don't see how they can look for the oldest star since stars
existed trillions of years before the big bang.

2) and back to the big bang.

measuring stars from a big bang is not how you measure the
universe since stars existed Before the big bang.

I mean like WOW, you people got everything wrong, haven't
you?

Starmaker wrote:
I just realized that how 'they' measure the age of the
universe is done incorrectly.

1) by looking for the oldest star

I don't see how they can look for the oldest star since stars
existed trillions of years before the big bang.

2) and back to the big bang

measuring stars from a big bang is not how you measure the
universe since stars existed Before the big bang.

I mean like WOW, you people got everything wrong, haven't
you?

22 billion years and counting bert

Counting up to what? What is the maximum age of a universe?
Without a big bang, these questions do not arise.

The universe is now middle age.When humankind is dead its also the
end for all that is.A universe that can not see itself is what I'm
saying.Bert

The universe can see itself through many eyes, most of them alien.
Do not assume any special importance to mankind.

Hear!! Hear!!

--
Daniel