Old December 3rd 17, 03:41 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Tourist flights

In article ,
says...

You'd think the deal would (eventually) apply to both suppliers. I
don't see how NASA could allow Boeing to do this yet deny SpaceX the
same deal if they requested it.

I haven't seen anything about SpaceX other than they may fly with fewer than
7 simply for more upmass payload.

True. My guess is they don't care what that upmass is, as long as
someone is paying for it. Who cares if it's ISS cargo or a tourist?

But it does open the question and changes my mind. It does appear NASA has
accepted the concept of tourists visiting ISS again.

(which means time to add another Bigelow module ;-)

True. By all reports I've read, BEAM is doing quite well and NASA is
wanting to use it for storage, similar to the PLM (which was an MPLM
that was modified to become a permanent module). From what I
understand, storage space is always at a premium inside ISS. Those
pesky aluminum modules don't expand and have quite limited internal
volume.

Jeff