Old December 29th 16, 06:19 PM posted to sci.space.history
Stuf4

Default OT - Venus

From :
My wife and I came out of a restaurant tonight around six PM and I was floored
by a very bright light in the sky. At first I thought it was a plane with it's
landing lights on, but it stayed stationary in the sky. I wasn't sure of our
orientation north, south, east or west at the time. But when we got home,
the light was still there, in the southwest. Okay, apparently it's Venus, which
I confirmed with Starry Sky on my computer. But in my whole life I don't ever
remember seeing Venus so bright in the sky. Is there any reason it would have
appeared this bright tonight? Thanks.

I don't know. Someone else here might. I googled [venus shadow] and this was the first hit:

https://science.nasa.gov/science-new...v_venusshadows

~ CT