Old July 31st 03, 11:57 AM
Morenga

Default Oceanographers Catch First Wave Of Gravity Mission's Success

(In fact, for bodies inside their Roche's limit, there are points
where the net gravitational acceleration is "outward," which is why such bodies
may fall apart if the tidal forces exceed that body's tensile strength.)

Now one thing that always fascinated me about this Roche limit is the
question
of what would happen if two bodies of exactly equal mass would cross each
other's
"Roche limit". I mean is the Roche limit different for each pairing or is it
a total
boundary, similar to the "event horizon" of a black hole?

But the bottom line of my questions was actually on wether such a
gravitational
map as that one produced by Grace would even make sense, given that all
these factors constantly change the earth's grav appearance.
Wouldn't they have to keep updating that mapp all the time?

There is _no_ reliable evidence that volcanism has occurred on the Moon
in aeons. There is evidence for occasional lava upwellings after asteroid
impacts, but that is not the same as volcanism.

Well I read of hot gas erruptions and even moon quaked having been measured
w/o any meteorite impacts. An they said these where caused by grav tides
from the earth' influence on the moon.

The tidal deformation of the body of the Earth is called an "earth tide,"
just as the tidal deformation of the ocean is called an "ocean tide."

Now wouldn't all these grav tides suffice to destract the streams of matter
flowing inside the body liquid of the inner earth?

Regards
Morenga