Old November 2nd 05, 01:52 AM
Jorge R. Frank

Default Next unmanned lunar landing -- when?

"Jim Oberg" wrote in news:k4O9f.61727$GQ.1369
@tornado.texas.rr.com:

Next unmanned lunar landing -- when?

I'm doing a short essay for the 40th anniversary
of the Luna-9 moon landing, and will speculate
on when unmanned lunar landings will resume.
Any crustal ball inputs or insights would be
much appreciated -- thanks in advance!!

Space Review ran an article on this subject not long ago:

http://www.thespacereview.com/article/478/1

According to the article, NASA's next lander (RLEP-2) is scheduled for
2010. Japan follows with Selene-2 in 2011-13. ESA and China have long-term
plans for landers but no names or dates have been published.

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.