Old November 24th 06, 05:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: Comet C/2006 M4 (SWAN) imaged at 0:50 UT Nov 22, 2006.

Great shot George. Through the large Cassegrain it looks almost as good as
it used to thorugh smaller equipment at it's best time.

Stefan

"George Normandin" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Image is made from ten 45-second exposures with an SBIG STL-1301E thru a
20-inch F/8.1 RC Cass. Field of view is about 15x15 arc minutes. This
comet continues to fade, but it was easy to see visually in a 8-inch F/6
Dob that my friends and I were using. We also had our 6-in Astrophysics
refractor on the comet and there were a few other scopes around including
a C-9.25, and a JMI 12.5-inch NGT. We finally had a clear night in
Binghamton NY with a nice bright Milky Way stretched across the sky until
the clouds came in again around 1am local time. It's pretty easy to get
low temps on a CCD camera when the air temp is -5C.

George N