Old October 10th 03, 05:36 AM
Paul R. Mays

Default Was there a civilization that existed 13 000 years ago?

"Thomas McDonald" wrote in message
"Double-A" wrote in message
om...
(Tom Kirke) wrote in message

====================================

WAS THERE A CIVILIZATION
THAT EXISTED 13,000 YEARS AGO?

By definition civilization requires cities, so no, there
was no civilization 11kBCE. There were cultures, some
of them more advanced than others, but no civilizations.
If you disagree point to a city that existed then.

tom

Cities of deer skin huts would leave few traces.

Double-A

AA,

A city of deerskin huts, if it were a city in the true sense, would
leave many, many traces for archaeologists. Even the huts would probably
leave at least post-hole patterns (unless you are thinking of teepees). A
city of deerskin huts would leave vast numbers of hearths, probably

storage
pits, refuse dumps, heavy indications of worked stone (flint, etc.), and
many disgarded or lost artifacts.

--
Tom McDonald
remove 'nohormel' to reply

Do you really think what is where people hang out today
was where they did say 25 k ago? If you want to find
evidence it will be out at sea and down 400 to 600 feet
under 60 to 80 feet of rock, coral, sand and crap of 20 k years..

We already know from DNA that around 20 k ago the population
of the planet was cut by over 90% (DNA Bottle neck)
http://crimp.lbl.gov/faywu99.pdf

In this world we know far less than we do know...

Paul R. Mays
-
Some where within the Quantum State
Http://Paul.Mays.Com
http://paul.mays.com/resume.html

"Now, my suspicion is that the universe is
not only queerer than we suppose, but
queerer than we can suppose... I suspect
that there are more things in heaven and
earth than are dreamed of, in any philosophy"
- J.B.S. Haldane