Old June 26th 05, 11:29 AM

Default Cosmic rate of black hole formation over time

Is it possible to plot a rough approximation of the rate of for-
mation of black holes in the universe over cosmic time?
I'm referring really to the formation of stellar mass black
holes, whose number far exceeds those of supermassive holes.

I'm guessing this would correlate to some degree with the rate
of supernovae formation in the universe over cosmic time also.
I'm also guessing that the plot would not be straight but might
have a maximum, perhaps several billion years ago, with some
tapering off toward the present. Is there a source on the NET
which covers this?

Thanks,
Gene Partlow