Old January 24th 19, 10:08 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default All you need is $100,000 worth of Astro-Physics gear and SBIG/FLI

On Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 12:43:38 AM UTC-5, Paul Schlyter wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 19:26:17 -0800 (PST), RichA
wrote:
On Wednesday, 23 January 2019 06:03:47 UTC-5, Paul Schlyter wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 16:40:13 -0800 (PST), RichA
wrote:
I've never been a huge fan of wide-field shots, I prefer shots

of
individual
objects.

Do you consider the Milky Way an individual
object? If not, then what about M31?

Big swath Milky Way shots have never interested me. M31 is an

exception to the deepsky rule, they can trace it to over 5 degrees,
but not many other objects approach that size.

The Milky Way does. But that means you're not
Interested in details in your objects.

It would seem that individual objects would call for longer focal lengths and therefore more detail.

If M31 was,
say, four times closer you'd lose interest in it too.

You seem to have amazing mind-reading abilities there, dude.

I'll not speculate on how Rich might react to a 4x closer M31, but I'd say that (for me) the M31 globs would be a must-see.