Old July 18th 14, 08:49 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Christmas Story Video updated for astronomical dates. 15 BC (-14)

On Wednesday, July 16, 2014 5:07:39 PM UTC-6, Tony Lance wrote:

SkyX does not use zero so 60 BCE (-60)
NASA uses zero so 60 BC (-59)

I take it this post is to advise us some of the dates in your video are one day out, because you used sources that used different conventions for dates.

1 AD and 1 CE are the same year, and 1 BC and 1 BCE are also both the same year, the one immediately preceding.

If signed dates are used, -59 is 60 BCE since with signed dates zero is used, at least I think that is the convention generally accepted. It's not clear from your post if the error was your own in making the video and reading the sources wrongly, or if some of the sources were in error as they did not use the appropriate convention for their date format.

John Savard