Old February 26th 07, 11:23 PM posted to sci.space.history,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics,sci.astro
Brad Guth[_2_]

Default How cool is VL2

"The Ghost In The Machine" wrote in
message

Somehow, I seriously doubt the VL2 point would get all that much shade.
But lessee.

One should see Venus as a dot against the Sun, but that's about it.

Looks to me to be about a 0.0001% reduction in insolation -- which
is basically nothing.

Venus L2 is only worth an isolation of "0.0001%"(??????), and here I
thought my math was pretty bad off.

Would you like to try that one more time?

I've got AutoCad. What have you got to work with?

Try to remember that VL2 (1.0143e6 km 1.0142e6 km) isn't all that far
away from Venus. I'm thinking at least 85% isolation, and a bit more
isolation if we're taking that 100+ km elevated deck of thick clouds
into account.
-
Brad Guth