Old July 7th 03, 05:25 PM
Zdenek Jizba

Default another what if?

Ron Miller wrote:

"Zdenek Jizba" wrote in message

As far as the so called alien artifacts near the "face" of Mars,
my interpretation is that they are erosional features produced by joints
or faults.

If you can believe that the "artifacts on Mars" people are mistaking natural
features for artificial ones, why can you not believe you are doing the same
thing?

The word "believe" is misused here. When you take a flight from Los
Angeles to the East Coast or to London, as you look down while West
of the Rockies, you may see erosional features similar to the ones on the
images of Mars near "the face". As a geologist I recognize the similarity
and it is natural for me to conclude that similar wind (perhaps water)
action produced these forms. On Eros there is no atmosphere, no wind
no erosion short of occasional impacts by objects creating craters.
Explaining some of the objects seen on images of Eros becomes more
difficult.

Yes I agree, it is a ridiculous statement written solely to provoke
serious discussion.

Hardly---as I pointed out in my initial response.

P.S.: If the objects on Eros and Phobos are
indeed alien artifacts, in my opinion they may
have been abandoned millions of years ago.

That's a big "if".

RM