Old May 1st 04, 11:36 AM
Colin Dawson

I don't think that there's going to be any problems with power spiking.
I've had the heater, battery and 12v laptop converter all running at the
same time. Everything worked perfectly.

Colin Dawson
www.cjdawson.com

"Andrew Cockburn" wrote in message
-service-com...
I saw that post as well, and came to the same conclusion - a high
frequency PWM design should give a roughly constant load that won't
trouble the scope at all, so I am sticking with your design and planning
for one big battery rather than 2 separate ones. Same should be true of
the laptop inverter - I assume that it will be working roughly at
50hz, which again is near enough a constant load, especially when you
factor in the smoothing effect of the battery. Worst case I can add a
regulator to the scope supply.

Andrew