Old August 10th 18, 09:00 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default A visit to Greenwich

In the end it comes down to the equatorial speed of the Earth as a location enters and exits the circle of illumination each day giving us the day/night cycle. Only one value is allowed and in this case it is 1037.5 miles per hour and turning its entire circumference in 24 hours as per the 24 hour and Lat/Long system.

The marketing in Greenwich for theoretical convictions is no better or worse than anywhere else however I commend them for the descriptive visual tools they use and sometimes misuse to present their points when they do present solar system topics like the planets.

The Ra/Dec framework and the Lat/Long framework are children of the 1461 day calendar framework and the formatting which distinguishes the clockwork 365/366 day system from the 365 1/4 day natural system. I do regret that I haven't found adults who can exist on a plane of understanding which doesn't go too far with clockwork modeling but I don't say that out of self praise but rather genuine resonance with the topic.