Old May 30th 13, 07:26 PM posted to sci.space.history
GordonD

Default Could 'I Dream Of Jeannie' happen in real life?

"Joseph Nebus" wrote in message
In Chris Jones writes:

Brian Thorn writes:

On Tue, 21 May 2013 01:16:17 +0000 (UTC), (Joseph
Nebus) wrote:

I of course am not referring to the riotously impossible
circumstance of Major Nelson's many, many spaceflights --- I think he
had two in the Mercury capsule alone, within a single year -

Nor the fact that the female lead lived in a bottle and could perform
magic?

Well, sure. I mean, the genie is easy to believe in. An
astronaut who gets to fly more than John Young even when his personal
life seems to be an endless parade of weird little follies (and who
lives in Florida rather than Texas)? That's a stretch.

They had the same problem in 'The Cape', with Corbin Bernsen as Chief
Astronaut in the Shuttle era. Those guys had a flight record that made Story
Musgrave look like a rookie.
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

"Slipped the surly bonds of Earth...to touch the face of God."