Old March 12th 05, 03:17 AM
Daydreamer99

Jorge R. Frank wrote:
"Daydreamer99" wrote in
oups.com:

Damon Hill wrote:

Hubble is dying after having served us so well;
time to put our efforts into a replacement.

Please send my some links of equipment that could replace Hubble.

I'm not Damon, but here's a link anyway:

http://www.pha.jhu.edu/hop/

HOP would definitely be both cheaper and more likely to succeed than

HST
robotic servicing.

An HST shuttle servicing mission would be more likely to succeed than

HOP,
and the costs look to be pretty much a wash.
--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.

Jorge,

I understand sometimes you have to make way for better things, but in a
plug and play world I believe that NASA training of personnel is great.
Maybe I'm making light of things but if I want to service my washer
dryer let not make a production about it. Training the personell to do
the task is the what is important reosurce. When I was a little boy,
my brother brought me a Radio Shack electronic radio. The same day I
got antoher radio but a better model. Do I through away the lesser
model or can I use it to compare and contrast information?