Old July 22nd 07, 05:47 PM posted to alt.fiction.original,rec.aviation.piloting,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Danny Deger

Default Houston, You Have a Problem

On Jul 22, 11:10 am, wrote:
snip

Here's a direct quote from your text: "I made it a point to insult
management at every opportunity I could. I knew this put me at risk."

You declared war against the enemy you perceived, and now you are
crying because they crushed you.

You understand the situation exactly. They did crush me but violated
many laws to do it. Lying to local officials and being part of
denying due process is not something a government agency should do. I
am now in the process of fighting back by exposing their gross
misconduct.

snip

You chose to fight the storm, and appear surprised to find that NASA
is stronger than you.

Surprise is not one of my emotions. Anger yes, surprise no. When I
was locked up in 1999, I knew I had declared open warfare with the
Johnson Space Center Director, George Abbey. Part of me was quite
impressed that he could silence me by having me locked up. I knew my
lockup was illegal, and I knew the local authorities would tend to
support Abbey over me. I was afraid I could not even trust the local
judges. I was right. Documentation now proves a local judge was
behaving improperly. No, I am not surprised NASA is stronger than
me. BUT I AM MAD AS HELL AND I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE :-)

I am not addressing the right or wrong of your
situation. Justice is a human concept. It relies on humans to uphold
it. If those in authority and power do not share your perspective on
justice, then there can be no expectation for it to be upheld. Your
efforts toward justice will be wasted.

You may be right. In fact you are probably right. My only hope for
justice is to get my story, complete with documentation, exposed in
the press. I have found that the people in power support the other
people in power.

I won't say that it was wrong of your flight lead to fly an aggressive
final turn. Good pilots can get away with that. I won't say that it
was wrong of you to follow your lead through that turn. A good
wingman can get away with that too. My suggestion to you was to
rethink your view that your flight lead was wrong. That your flight
lead tried to kill you.

Where in the heck did I say he wanted to kill me? Please don't put
words in my mouth. I only said he wanted to embarrass me by flying a
turn tighter than I could. He did not know, and I did not know the
consequences of flying into his jet wash. If I had known, I certainly
would not have. If he had known, he certainly would not have flown
such a tight turn that I had to follow.

But I thank you for not throwing random insults at me in your posts.
I enjoyed reading actually. You have good insight on the situation,

Danny Deger