Old July 22nd 07, 05:10 PM posted to alt.fiction.original,rec.aviation.piloting,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
[email protected]

Default Houston, You Have a Problem

From Danny Dot:
On Jul 21, 7:20 pm, wrote:

From Danny Dot:
On Jul 21, 6:29 pm, B A R R Y wrote:

I don't know why some feel the need to pick on spelling and grammar.

I take this as a sign my story, complete with documentation is
strong. They can't pick on the story, so they pick on the typos and
such.

My very first response gave specific feedback about failure to take
accountability for personal decisions. There was a lot that I held
back on (including spelling and grammar feedback), hoping that one
clear cut example would serve as a touchstone for not only the rest of
the paper, but your very attitude toward life.

Last I checked, it was NASA officials that lied to the local officials
to have me locked up. Please explain how I am accountable for them
lying? Are you saying I decided to have them lie?

Take a stab at them working with a local judge to deny me my due
process for a hearing or an attorney. I missed the part where you
explained my part in this was. Please refresh my memory.

Don't forget the recent abuse of NASA sick leave policy I have
provided documentation of. Please explain how I am accountable for
that.

Here's a direct quote from your text: "I made it a point to insult
management at every opportunity I could. I knew this put me at risk."

You declared war against the enemy you perceived, and now you are
crying because they crushed you. My feedback to you was a plug to
strive to recognize that which is beyond your control and to do your
best to avoid those obstacles. I told you specific options you had
available in following your flight lead on a base turn. Weeks before
that I told you options available for energy management in landing the
shuttle. In dealing with office problems at NASA, you had options
there too. One excellent option that many people do in situations
like your is to transfer to a different work group.

You chose to fight the storm, and appear surprised to find that NASA
is stronger than you. I am not addressing the right or wrong of your
situation. Justice is a human concept. It relies on humans to uphold
it. If those in authority and power do not share your perspective on
justice, then there can be no expectation for it to be upheld. Your
efforts toward justice will be wasted.

I won't say that it was wrong of your flight lead to fly an aggressive
final turn. Good pilots can get away with that. I won't say that it
was wrong of you to follow your lead through that turn. A good
wingman can get away with that too. My suggestion to you was to
rethink your view that your flight lead was wrong. That your flight
lead tried to kill you. And that you had no had no responsibility for
your near-death experience.

Ditto for everything that happened at NASA. Perhaps the saddest part
of your story is that with a different attitude, NASA might have been
happy to have taken you into their astronaut corps.

~ CT