Old January 13th 18, 03:16 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default No Zuma Zombie

In article ,
says...

Maybe Zuma is gone, maybe it isn't:

"Rumors are swirling about the fate of a top-secret spacecraft, known as Zuma,
which Northrop Grumman supposedly built for an unknown U.S. government agency and
launched aboard a SpaceX Falcon-9 rocket on Jan. 7, 2018. There are a number of
theories about what might have happened already circulating, but a fairly obvious
one seems glaringly absent: that the satellite didn't crash at all and that it?s
working as planned."

See:

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone...as-intended-to

Hard to say exactly, but from the people that have talked a bit about it
(Congressional staffers leaking that the mission failed to the press),
I'd say it failed. It's quite unlikely that whoever owns this thing in
the US Government would lie to Congress and it's unlikely that
Congressional staffers would leak a lie.

But since this is a Secret Squirrel program, my guess is that we won't
know the complete story for maybe 20-40 years or so.

Jeff