Old October 21st 17, 01:35 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default BE-4 test firing

Blue Origin just sent a jolt through the aerospace industry
"As Joe Biden would say, this is a BFD for the space industry."

ERIC BERGER - 10/19/2017, 3:31 PM

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017...-successfully-
tested-its-powerful-be-4-rocket-engine/

tiny url for above link:
https://tinyurl.com/y73ufpp6

This is yet another game changer in the US launch industry. LOX/methane
oxygen rich staged combustion engine.

This engine is a good compromise between LOX/kerosene and LOX/LH2. Plus
LOX/methane has the added bonus that you can make it on Mars from the
CO2 in the atmosphere (if you bring your own hydrogen with you).

Jeff