Old January 25th 06, 06:18 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default Floaters - new website simulator

wrote in message
oups.com...
Agreed 100%, my floaters are insanely excessive against snow or blue
sky, but with a binoviewer they barely bother me. I do see them, and I
do need to scoot one off the spot of interest now and then. I am well
past the distress of their onset and effects in the eyepiece. I really
cant stand one eyed viewing after binoviewing so long, unless it's low
power widefields. No binoviewer and I think I'd hang up my hat on
planetary/lunar/solar.

I find floaters are more of a nusance in small exit pupils. Of course, you
can increase exit pupil at high powers by going with a larger aperture
scope.

But, I certainly agree. My binoviewer will be the last thing to go. I find
that for wide field, I'd rather sacrifice aperture for a shorter focal
length with the binoviewer, than go with a 2" eyepiece in a longer focal
length, larger aperture.