Old September 1st 03, 08:54 AM
Don

".\\P3_KiT$T€R" wrote:

Am new with all this, but just got a Meade Telestar DS-60
with the motor thing and all, but find it's much easier to
move the scope by hand very carefully and slowly till
I can at least center Mars in the lens. Have a 3X Barlow
and 3 other little lenses, one being a tad longer than
the other 2. Seems best using that longer lens with the Barlow.
When slowly focusing in and out I see another round, not
potato shaped, object to the left and up above center of Mars.
What could this be????? I thought it was a moon of Mars
but it is a bit faint but very distinct!

Kit McGuire

..... Maybe it was Uranus, which is in close vicinity, taking an
unexpected dump!

LOL

PS. A word of warning, don't forget to wipe your optics after such a
close encounter of the dump kind!

.....seriuosly, it's probably coma