Old February 2nd 07, 06:40 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Eugene Griessel

Default how do I start my own urban legend?

"Mark F." wrote:

I was thinking I should start a urban legend.
Something like the "Sun is running out of fuel so we all need to stock up on
wood to stay warn when it goes out".

You need to assure your audience that this information came from your
mother's cousin's adopted son who is dating a girl whose great aunt
works for the assistant of a famous astronomer - who is the source of
the story. Authentication of this nature is essential to a genuine
Urban Legend.

Eugene L Griessel

I sometimes think that God in creating man somewhat overestimated
his ability.