Old November 30th 18, 05:46 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

Default DSLR astro photography

On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 6:12:36 AM UTC-8, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 00:23:53 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Canon Rebel 300D was used for astro photography by many 10-15 years ago.
Some took out the IR filter or even installed cooling for the chip.
I heard, 6 mega pixel of the 300D is plenty pixels for photographing the sky!
Rebel XT DSLR can even do dark frame and subtrack after the photo was taken
Did any thing changed?
Are there better DSLR's now to do the same?

Almost every DSLR is better now. The sensor technology as improved
considerably. In particular, newer sensors have much greater dynamic
range and much lower thermal and readout noise. Those things are
critical to the quality of astroimages.

I have a Canon T5, very simple thing for astro photography don't have , like mirror lock up or bulb setting.
I think, the longest exposure it has is 30 sec.
Bummer!
T6 is the same!
Don't have the remote control, so maybe that has it?