Old December 26th 17, 01:29 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Red Tesla Roadster mounted on PLA

On 2017-12-25 09:27, Jeff Findley wrote:

LOL, no. 0 PSI is called vacuum and it contains no gas.

Say I have a totally airtight car and going on a weekend camping trip to
the moon. Halfway there, someone farts in the car and I open the window,
air goees out.

So, halfway between Earth and Moon, there is a "blob" of smelly air that
was let out of the car. Since there is nothing to contain it, no gravity
to pull it down and give it weight, Can't that gas exist at 0 PSI,
taking whatever volume it wants ?

No, and in point of fact 'space' is generally not at 'zero pressure';
it is just very, very, very low pressure. There is typically 1 atom
of gas per cubic meter in space. Your 'blob of gas' is going to
dissipate to that level.

territory."
--G. Behn