Old February 21st 11, 10:24 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Dr J R Stockton[_102_]

Default Solar System Data

I need the Right Ascension and Declination of the "points" where the
perpendiculars to the orbits of the Nine Planets meet the Celestial
Sphere.

Those would ideally be in numeric form in a reliable and accessible
reference, or from another trustworthy source.

I do have, from Heavens Above, their Longitudes of the Ascending Node
and Inclinations, but I'd prefer not to have to work out exactly what
they mean and what the necessary trigonometrical transformations are.

An expression for that of our Moon would also be nice - IIRC, it has an
18.6-year period. Also the RA & Dec of its rotation - alas, it's too
late to ask Hal Clement.

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London, UK. Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
Web http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQqish topics, acronyms and links;