Old September 20th 06, 01:44 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default Outlaw Space Tourist!?

Frank.

It is not the shuttle I was talking about. I think the lotto money, (If
earmarked for NASA human programs only), would help to get the new
vehicles online quicker. Maybe we should pitch a Lotto idea to Mr. Musk
or his Hotel buddy too? I just think that no matter public or comm.
program, you can not get around the fact that public funds have help
along the way. It is time to give back to the people the dream of a
common guy/gal getting to space for fun. The problem in selling the
product to the public, is not danger, (Look at the x-games), it is the
fun and gee-wiz factor. We have forgotten how to make research and dev.
fun and interesting. I do not want to see a future of exploring on the
sofa with a X-Box controller in hand. I want to see us with our hands
on a spanner building at L-5, (Yes I was a member of the L-5 in 95
crowd).

I also think a lotto for the JPL group would be a good idea too! Win a
chance to drive a rover, (and fully fund all the other programs that
have got the axe). JPL? Standing alone from NASA? Now there is a
thread!?!

It is the thrill of the hunt! We can eat anytime, (Just put it freezer
Mom!)!

Carl