Old September 20th 06, 02:26 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Frank Glover[_1_]

Default Outlaw Space Tourist!?

wrote:

Jeff, You are right about the giggle factor, (but), my state,
(Georgia), gives every child the opp. to go to coll., (Due to Lotto).

So does mine. (New York) But it's one thing to say the money is for
the benefit of 'the children,' quite another to say it'll launch a
couple of tourists per year.

And there's also the issue of how safe the public percieves the
shuttle to be...

We are prob. the only state that does not use it's lotto as replacement
funds for short falls in other projects. If we Ear Marked the funds
from a NASA Lotto to the Human Space Flight Program, (It just might
become a self funding program). I think that if you market this right,
We just might finally get out of the gravity well, (and give some lucky
folks a joy ride). It would be cool to at least have the dream of space
flight for the common guy/gal again. We would have to have a clause
that covers health issues and transfer of winning ticket if not fit,
(Give to family member or friend).

The private guys are going to do all this much better than NASA, anyway.

I think this and a NASCAR like branding model will save the program,
(and put some fun into space). What we are missing is the fun factor!!
It just might get the vid-idiots off the sofa and into research!

It's not quite space, but Google (or whatever search engine you
prefer) "Rocket Racing League"

Sue Ya! (LOL)!

Carl
P.S.
Thank you for your time in thinking this one thru!

--

Frank

You know what to remove to reply...

Check out my web page:
http://www.geocities.com/stardolphin1/link2.htm

"To confine our attention to terrestrial matters would be to limit the
human spirit."
- Stephen Hawking