Old July 31st 16, 12:27 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Climate science denialism - the remarkable inconsistency of

On Friday, July 29, 2016 at 4:43:08 PM UTC+1, Razzmatazz wrote:

Ok, I see your point. My function is not to antagonize anyone, regardless of belief. I just want to point to scientific evidence regardless where it falls. My time on earth is limited to the next few years, so for me it should not matter. However I would like future generations to enjoy a natural world that is benign and favorable for our survival as a species.

Only a few years and yet you saw fit to introduce a wandering Sun which obscures the ability to appreciate the motions of the inner planets as they run their circuits around a central Sun . You should know that as you pass out of existence that others have actually captured something of the true motions of the planets as they loop a central Sun thereby obliterating the stupid notion that the Sun wanders North and South to the observer -

http://www.popastro.com/images/plane...ary%202012.jpg

Do you not know that the inner planets are fairly close to the central Sun at all times however that period around twilight into darkness opens up the vista of the inner planetary motions with the Sun always out of sight -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdFrE7hWj0A

Everyone dies but not everyone lives and this is why those who are spiritual never fear death as they draw from that well of life within the greater Life of the Universe. Part of this is coming to know our motion and position within the solar system and the effects on terrestrial sciences yet you would pass on while knowing you did nothing to advance understanding or rather provided an obstacle to those who could get behind the pretense and discover astronomy that contemporary tools provide.

I wouldn't trade one second of existence to appear superior as individual life is a testament to the greatness of the physical Universe and the only way to answer that greatness is to make the effort to pass it on to others.