Old March 31st 10, 05:14 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.physics
oriel36[_2_]

Default The first step for mankind in a long time

On Mar 31, 2:42*pm, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 3/31/10 8:06 AM, oriel36 wrote:

Sam,unfortunately I have to leapfrog the two nuisances and re-submit
the important point in order to ask why an entire race of people
choose a half baked geocentric solution based on the apparent angle
and motion of the Sun as it hits the horizon when the easily
understood cause and effect of daily rotation...

* *I think any misunderstanding is entirely your own Gerald.
* * *http://janus.astro.umd.edu/SolarSystems/

There you go,the most basic extension to the daylight/darkness
cycle,in this case latitudinal variations in twilight length due to
the fact that the Earth is both round and rotating and consequently
slower rotation speeds correlate to longer twilights depending on
latitude and there is not a single place in the entire internet where
this is explained properly using the known rotational speeds for each
given latitude.

I will say it again,the story of how we arrived at this particular
situation in history where a basic explanation for a terrestrial
effect such as twilight is shunned for an entirely geocentric
explanation is quite something else if not spectacular in all the
wrong ways and allows me to provide a commentary of sorts .The core
modelling/predictive agenda on which the present highly speculative
empirical agendas are based,and they now roam over many aspects of
human endeavor from finance to geology to climate and so on,is an
elaborate scheme that empiricists never understood themselves insofar
as witnessing the attempt 100 years ago to deal with absolute/relative
time,space and motion as they thought Isaac meant it,they were
hopelessly lost in the way Newton treated the genuine astronomical
insights and especially the main argument Copernicus used to the
Earth's orbital motion.

This is not self-congratulation but I wish you could see things from
the wider perspective and the astonishing inaction to a huge human
tragedy that is for the most part self-inflicted and can be traced to
a few individuals in the late 17th century, for all the tributaries of
prediction/modelling which began when Isaac attempted to fit the
orbital motion of the Earth into the calendar based right ascension
and so began the linkage between 'predictions' and solar system
modelling now reach into all areas of existence with the same
devastating effect.

Coming to a full picture,at least in respect to the distortions acting
on genuine astronomical insights,is quite an experience and involves
stories within stories,some technical and others just turning known
astronomical innovators as puppets but ultimately it diminishes our
race and human achievement.