Old January 24th 06, 06:22 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default Floaters - new website simulator

Nick Theodorakis wrote:
On 23 Jan 2006 17:07:52 -0800, "canopus56"

[ ... ]

I don't know anything about treatment options. Have you run across any
info on that? - C

A doctor can perfom a vitrectomy (removal of the vitreous humor) or
partial vitrectomy to target the floaters, but the procedure is
generally reserved for severe cases or done if some other surgery for
the eye is also indicated.

[ ... ]

From my point of view, as a member of a technical profession that
have nothing to do with medical science, I would like to take this
chance to make a comment expressing my strong feelings in respect
to the so called "vitrectomy treatment": "Aw, yuck!!!"

- Alex