Old November 11th 08, 02:44 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
harmony

Default CHANDRAYAAN = ? Photoshop + cut and paste ?

http://www.isro.org/pslv-c11/photos/...n/Moon_Enh.jpg

"BradGuth" wrote in message
On Nov 11, 12:57 am, "Painius" wrote:
"BradGuth" wrote in message...

What gives? (why the delay?)

Is our DARPA and NASA telling India/ISRO what they can or can't do?

Is our Selene/moon still nondisclosure rated?

Why not allow India/ISRO to share raw/unaltered science data from all
11 instruments, including those original full digital frames of raw
(monochrome and color) images?

~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth BG / “Guth Usenet”

Patience, Brad, patience! g

I don't think it's even been turned on yet, has it?...

http://www.isro.org/pressrelease/Nov08_2008.htm

And when they turn it on, it will take some time for
the Indian scientists to study their data and photos
without pressure from the outside world.

Kudos to the Indian Space Research Organization
(ISRO) space agency for a magnificent Selenar
exploratory mission!

Note in the above article the nomenclatures:

"periselene" and "aposelene"!

We know that at least some if not most of the 11 science instruments
have been turned on, and their having sent back valid data, including
radiation status and otherwise images from their high resolution
cameras. Why the delay or need-to-know policy?

Either they have such science data and observationology worthy images
or they don’t. There’s no need of such information being studied or
much less modified before release to the general public that’s paying
for everything.

For example; What was the environment while within the Earth-Moon L1?

What sorts of bandpass or cutoff filters are currently being used on
behalf of their monochrome terrain imaging camera?

What is the dynamic range of either monochrome or color camera?

~ BG