Old December 9th 03, 03:04 PM
oh_brother

Default Let's Destroy The Myth Of Astrology!!

(GFHWalker) wrote in message ...
Don't knock religion, just because you don't understand it.

You make a big assumption here; that I don't understand religion. I will post
an article within the next few days which will challenge that assumption.
Remember, the definition of faith is "to accept as true without evidence and
without questioning." Astrology is also faith.

If you were on trial, would you trust any court to reach the correct judgement
on the basis of faith, or would you prefer that judgement was made only on
proper examination and evaluation of all available evidence, both for and
against?

There is more evidence against religion than there is against astrology, as I
will be happy to reveal to you. Overwhelming evidence. Scientific evidence.

We all want to believe in god, but believing what you want to believe isn't the
road to truth. It is the road to self-deception and denial of evidence. Surely
it is better to believe in what is real than to believe in a fantasy?

Put your faith in evidence, not in dogma!

Isn't there an element of 'faith' in what holds our society together?
Totally disallowing things because there is not immediate, hard
evidence is somewhat short sighted. I'd say that 'belief in the
unseen' is a continuum, at one end are wild, unsupported imaginings,
and at the other are those things which time and experience show to be
true but which do not have 'immediate' evidence.

You invest in stocks on 'faith' that there is an underlying principal
which their valuations obey.

You loan money to people on 'faith' that they will follow through.

You invest your life in a career in 'faith' that you've made the right
choice.

You patiently await wished for changes in your environment based upon
'faith' that you understand the 'way of the world'.

You trust others on 'faith' in the better part of human nature.

You entrust your security based on 'faith' in government and it's
machinery.

You work to obtain money based upon 'faith' so when you go to a 7/11
to buy a slurpy, your $1.29 will pay the cost.

All of these things are 'faith' based, unseen, unproven and yet each
has a consequent.

Religion, dogma, philosophy, insight, trust - Are they all the same
thing? If you think so then I suggest you reconsider your position
and expand your horizons a bit more.

O'