Old December 9th 03, 12:29 AM
OG

Default Let's Destroy The Myth Of Astrology!!

"GFHWalker" wrote in message
Volker

You're right to think that the problem can only be solved by teaching

children
how to tell the difference between fake science and genuine science.

Probably I
am too optimistic to consider that it may be possible to spread the word

of
scientific knowledge, reason, rational thought and evidence in a world of
supernatural belief systems such as astrology and religion. It would be

good to
see a church of common sense and rationality emerge, to lobby for changes

the curriculum, and to counter all the supernatural nonsense which goes

largely
unchallenged at present.

I am a scientist AND a religious believer, and I fear you clearly don't
understand that both scientific and non-scientific thought have value.

In no way am I justifying belief in astrology, which implies a causal link
between astronomical events and individual human destiny.

However, there are scientific fields of enquiry and there are non scientific
fields of enquiry and each requires the appropriate set of mental tools. It
is a fallacy to believe that applying scientific knowledge, reason, rational
thought and evidence in ALL areas of human life will provide answers to all
the human problems and situations that we encounter.

Don't knock religion, just because you don't understand it.