Old June 26th 08, 08:36 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

Default F-1 rocket engine thermal insulation (reflective "batting")

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 21:44:47 -0400, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

"OM" wrote in message
.. .
...Correct on both points. The tour bimbos at Space Center Disney
(JSC) used to point this out during the tours about 10-12 years ago,
but the last time Brother Dim and I went on the tour - about a year
ago now, IIRC - all they did was drop us off at the new building and
let the sparse murals inside do their work for them.

Last time I was there was 12 years ago. When do you want to go?

....I'd say sometime in September or October, when a) it's cooler and
b) I *may* have my leg and be up on enough to move around and drive
myself down there. I take it you're planning another one of your
trips?

....On a side note, I'll be travelling to New Mexico for a family
reunion near Roswell around the second week of July. So if I disappear
for a week, don't anyone panic right off the bat, because I'm not sure
how the wireless access will be out there. Pat knows how to find out
if something's happened, just to make sure we don't have that same
lack of contact as the second time I was in the hospital this year.
That particular DKA attack was infection-induced and not diabetically
caused, which is why it kicked my ass for so damn long before they
figured out what they couldn't understand.

OM
--
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [