Old June 23rd 08, 04:45 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

Default F-1 rocket engine thermal insulation (reflective "batting")

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 13:41:57 -0500, Damon Hill
wrote:

The insulation was made of asbestos, and that's why we don't see any
on display with the insulation. Just as well, as the blankets cover
up lots of interesting details.

....Correct on both points. The tour bimbos at Space Center Disney
(JSC) used to point this out during the tours about 10-12 years ago,
but the last time Brother Dim and I went on the tour - about a year
ago now, IIRC - all they did was drop us off at the new building and
let the sparse murals inside do their work for them.

OM
--
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [