Old July 22nd 19, 12:58 PM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default The Fundamental Law of Future (Einstein-Free) Physics

"The whole of physics is predicated on the constancy of the speed of light [...] So we had to find ways to change the speed of light without wrecking the whole thing too much." https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...t-speed-slowed

The speed of light is OBVIOUSLY variable, e.g. relative to the moving observer in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg7O4rtlwEE

so "wrecking the whole thing" is unavoidable.

In the scenario shown in the video, frequency and speed of light, as measured by the observer, VARY PROPORTIONALLY while wavelength (or distance between pulses) is INVARIABLE.

This observation, generalized over any observer and any scenario, will become The Fundamental Law of future (Einstein-free) physics. Here is an equivalent formulation:

Any frequency shift entails (is caused by) a proportional speed-of-light shift.

I have developed the idea in a series of tweets he

https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev