Old June 21st 04, 06:40 PM
Laura

Default We have the basic elements for a "warp drive"

wrote in message
om...
www.asps.it/nucleoin.htm

we are doing TdS1 thruster more fast

www.asps.it/dinpnn.htm

This isn't a warp drive. If you insist on using Star Trek terminology, maybe
it's an impulse drive :-)

The warp drive hypothesis calls for space itself to be compressed in front
of the vessel, thus physically shortening the distance that must be traveled
to get to the destination. Not all of the distance at once, though - just a
tiny bit of it, and once the vessel has passed through that, another tiny
bit, and so on. It could be described as creating a "wave" in space, and
then surfing that wave. It is purely hypothetical. We have no practical idea
of how to provide the enormous amounts of energy required to do something
like this, and even if we did, we'd have to find a way of warping space with
it.

The beauty of the idea is that the vessel itself wouldn't have to move
faster than the speed of light; the deformation in space could do that
instead, and the vessel would simply stay within this wave in space. Such a
wave could possibly break the lightspeed barrier, since it is neither matter
nor electromagnetic radiation. Whether it really could, however, remains to
be seen.