Old February 20th 17, 03:42 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Default June 30th is Asteroid Day!

Davoud:
But when they had the chance
to repeal it for real, after Trump's inauguration, the posturing
stopped and they faced reality: it's a good law and a very popular one.

Chris L Peterson:
Well, I don't think it's a very good law, and as it stands, it's
probably not all that popular. But the concept of a government system
that ensures everyone has access to health care is very popular, and
the ACA is good from the standpoint of being a first baby step towards
a proper national healthcare system.

Davoud:
Compared to no insurance at all? You missed the part where I said "Rome
wasn't built with a single stone."

Chris L Peterson:
No, I didn't miss your point. And the ACA is certainly better than
nothing. But a system so dependent on private health insurance is,
IMO, not every going to work very well.

True enough. There are certain things that the private sector cannot do
as well as government, and health insurance is demonstrably one of
them. But I don't think that the ACA was implemented as a finished
product; it was the best that could be gotten at the time. The first
stone in the building of a universal, single-payer, government-managed
health care system.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm