Old February 22nd 04, 12:48 PM
Craig Levine

Default WalMart Portable Battery Pack?

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 00:41:59 -0800, Pat O'Connell
wrote:

OTOH I suspect the deep cycle batteries might be better for higher
current drawing equipment, like a dew heater system.

Hi,

I have the Thousand Oaks "Digital Dew Heater" that lets you control
each of the four channels seperately. I picked up a Xantrex Xpower
Powerpack 400 (http://www.xantrex.com/products/product.asp?did=737)
last week, mostly for backup power for lighting in case the power went
out during the expected blizzzard (that dumped 40 inches on us
Thursday and Friday). Using two or three of the channels on the dew
heater, how long can I expect a fully charged battery to last? Here
are the DC specifications for the battery:

"Electrical Specifications

12 V DC Section
Internal battery type sealed, AGM (Absorbed
Glass Mat) lead acid
Internal battery voltage (nominal) 12 V DC
Internal battery capacity (minimum) 20 Ah
Internal battery CCA rating 200 CCA
DC Power Socket (maximum continuous load) 12 A with automatic reset
Built-in incandescent light (replaceable) 5 W bulb
Jump-start cable port 50 A
Jump-start fuse (external - user replaceable) 250 A"

Cheers,

- Craig

Craig Levine
Observing Chairman