Old December 1st 16, 11:09 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Investment in asterroid mining

In article ,
says...

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 12:07:40 AM UTC+13, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

You are correct self replicating mining machines revolutionise mining.

Where are they today in mining?

Nowhere, because they DO NOT EXIST yet.

Bacteria that dissolve rock and plate containers with gold and copper on demand are already recovering copper and gold from copper mine tailings and spent copper mines today.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ia-mining.html

Bacteria can't mine asteroids you ignorant git.

None of the rest of what I snipped had anything to to with acual,
existing, self replicating machines which can be used to actually mine
an asteroid.

You made an assertion that's completely and utterly false.

Jeff