Old December 1st 16, 07:30 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Investment in asterroid mining

William Mook wrote:

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 12:28:26 AM UTC+13, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:

You are correct self replicating mining machines revolutionise mining.

Where are they today in mining?

I would suggest you study the work of Diane Newman at Caltech. She bred bacteria that breathe rock and **** valuable metals like gold and copper. They're working in copper mine tailings today and are revolutionising mining industry.

I'd suggest you learn to spell her name. I assume you're referring to
Dianne Newman. What you describe isn't what she did. Microbes aren't
'machines'.

Others are looking at extending this capability to control weather.

http://www.niac.usra.edu/files/studi...Manobianco.pdf

When are you going to learn that paper studies are NOT operating
systems?

Its funny that you are so certain about things you obviously know nothing about. You are clueless of the fact that 20% of the worlds copper production ALREADY comes from bioleaching.

What's that got to do with weather control, you stupid ****?

snip irrelevant ****e

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine