Old November 9th 16, 10:32 PM
slilge slilge is offline
Senior Member

Rick,

I am very pleased with the performance of both the colour and mono versions of the ASI1600 cameras. The colour ASI is a perfect match for a Hyperstar/RASA setup.
I have only encountered banding once when I was doing one second exposures with the wrong setting for "USB speed". When used with the default values I did not see any banding.
Fortunately AstroArt is very fast, it takes about two seconds per image for 16MP colour frames (including full calibration, debayering, hot pixel filter and registering) during preprocessing. If I use sigma stacking that about doubles total preprocessing time, but still not too bad.
Compared to the time I have to spend to cope with light pollution gradients the time for preprocessing is neglegible.

Stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA0CKY View Post
That camera is sure catching on. How do you like it. Some have banding issues at higher f ratios. Good match for the scope? Stacking so many short exposures is a bit daunting to me. I rarely stack more than 10 and usually 4 or 2. My machine may choke to death on that much data.

Good image for your LP conditions! While a OSC have you tried Ha? Sounds like it might work with it after throwing green and blue out.

Rick