Old July 17th 03, 04:06 AM
Tom Hole

Default Meade 6" LXD 55 f/8 Refractor

"Chris Knight" wrote in message
. ca...
Hey all;

I am considering buying the Meade 6" LXD 55 refractor. Anybody tried it
yet?What do you think? Pros? Cons? Comparisons to the ED? I'm looking at
this one because I've always been a refractor fan, but never able to

afford
a big one. Now that I finally can, this is starting to look like a dream
come true.

Feedback please.

Chris

Everyone,

I was considering the OTA only. I was thinking of going for a 6" achro to
check it out. Any comments on the optical and mechanical quality of the OTA
(assume it is mounted very well)? How about compared to the 6" offering
from Celestron? Any QZ issues where the optics quality has a large delta?

Thanks,

Tom