Old May 25th 06, 05:34 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default Recession and this hobby

I Don't know about a recession, but I think there will be more used big
dobs on the market for two reasons:
1. Gas prices will make it too expensive to drive out with the 25 inch
monster every time you want to use it, and ,
2. A lot of folks are getting older and just don't want to handle
anything that big any more.

The other things that could happen is a big push for trailer mounted big
dobs that should take care of item 2 to a certain extent and people down
sizing upon retirement to a condo and buying a spot out in the country
to house the big dob or EQ mounted high quality set up.

Mean Mr Mustard wrote:

Should I be selling my equipment and buying a dob now that we are
facing a massive looming recession?

Starliner, Cave, Coulter and Unitron all died in the last recession ...
who will be the casualty this time?