Old July 29th 05, 01:38 AM
OM

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 23:54:22 GMT, "Hi Ho Silver"
wrote:

The NASA news conference indicated that the accelerometer sensors in the
potentially affected wing area did not indicate a significant hit, and the
OBSS inspection so far shows no evidence of a hit. They also said that the
analysts looking at the offending foam trajectory were divided as to whether
it made contact with the wing.

....If we're talking about the Big Strip, from the playbacks if
anything hit it *might* have been one of those straps. I saw a
playback last night on a 32" HDTV screen, and from what I could tell
it really didn't look like it came anywhere near close to hitting the
wing.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr