Old May 11th 21, 03:43 PM
Elassoto Elassoto is offline
Banned

Location: Boca Raton

True.

So there are two types of acceleration. It can be caused by attraction, such as magnetism, gravity, suction, etc. It can also be caused by being pushed, as in a car or rocket.

The sensation we feel by gravity is attraction, but I am told that it is not really molecular attraction. It is caused by the effect of matter on space. For some reason no one understands, matter warps space/time in a way which causes matter to be attracted to itself.

Quote:

We all hope that you meant to say accelerated inward, otherwise it would
mean that we are all leaving Earth behind and flying off into space.

Not so much accelerated inward, but held in position on the surface by a
balance of forces, gravity downward, and an opposing upward force of the
resistance by a solid surface.

I never take my perspective for granted, so that's OK then.
--
Mike Dworetsky