Old October 7th 08, 01:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

Default ASTRO: An old NGC 1491

interesting detail

Rick Johnson wrote:
I took this 2 years ago. It was the second color image I processed with
Photoshop CS (maybe third my records are vague). So It is in dire need
or reworking. I hadn't realized I'd never posted it until John posted
his wide field shot. I obviously was still trying to figure out the
best exposure times for my sub frames. Most were too short for my sky
conditions. A reshoot would be in order but I have hundreds of never
taken targets on my to do list so that won't happen for a while. Looking
at the 4x10' stack compared to the 12x5' one I see I got more in 40
minutes with 10 minute subs than I did in 60 minutes with 5 minute ones.
Going longer would seem even better but then I saturate bright stars too
much so have settled on 10' as the best compromise when binned 2x2 as
all these were.

14" LX200R @ f/10, L=4x10'+12x5', RGB=4x5', STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick

John N. Gretchen III