Old February 9th 04, 12:01 AM
Mark R. Whittington

Default Pres. Kerry's NASA

"ed kyle" wrote in message
om...
What will President Kerry do with NASA? My guess is that
he will want to dump the Bush Moon/Mars plans ASAP, but
will he be able to stop CEV and the end of Shuttle?

- Ed Kyle

That's the assumption, though many people thought that Clinton would cancel
the space station in 1993 and he did not.

My guess is that we would probably see the end of Americans in space under a
Kerry administration, sooner or later. It's pretty clear that regardless of
what some people might want, we can't keep the shuttles flying for more than
about ten years in any case. So without something like the Bush plan to
replace the shuttles, we'll see the triumph of Robert Park's "robots uber
alles" additude.