Old September 14th 05, 06:42 PM

Default Unidentified object in Lyra

Hi

I=B4m new to this forum and I was recommended by a friend to join and
share my observation.

I was photographing Vega in Lyra a few nights ago using my camera
mounted piggback on my telescope. I shot two shots, 30 and 27 sec, 63
seconds apart. I stacked the images and noticed something that looked
like a faint nebula where there isn=B4t suppose to be one, so I check my
orgininal images and found out that there was an object moving in the
images. Stacked, they looked like a nebula.

It was moving some 3 arc minute during these 63 seconds which indicated
that it might not be a satellite in earth orbit.

The position was: Ra 18 36 20 Dec + 40 00 03 Images where shot at
20.03.01 and 20.04.04 GMT. The animated two image gif can be viewed
here. It is enlarged quite a bit. The bright star i Vega and the double
stars to the left is 4 and 5 Epsilon Lyrae. My own position for
refrerence is: N55 43.46 E013 10.56

http://www.swedbird.com/astro/lyra_object.gif

Regards

Lasse Lindh